City Rail Link




City Rail Link Ltd (CRLL)  is subject to the Official Information Act (OIA).

This means information that CRLL holds is official information that can be requested for release. 

How to make a request

  • Put your request in writing; and
  • Specify that it is a request for official information under the OIA

You can email us directly or use the online form on our Contact page.

We prefer email. If you do post it, our address is OIA Requests, City Rail Link Project, Private Bag 105777, Auckland 1142.

Requests should include:

  • your name
  • your postal address
  • preferred email address
  • details of the information you want.

Your request should be as clear and specific as possible. You can specify the format you want the information presented in – for example by email or in hard copy.

How long will it take?

We will aim to release official information as quickly as practically possible.

We’ll acknowledge your request as soon as practicable and are required by law to respond no later than 20 working days after we receive it. For large requests or those requiring consultation, the Act allows for a reasonable extension to this time limit. If so, we’ll let you know and give you a specific due date.

If you amend your request, the 20 working days will start from the day after this amendment has been received. If we need to clarify your request and do so within the first seven working days, the 20 working day time frame will begin again once the clarified request is confirmed. This is because we’ll be unable to process your request until it is clear.

This is CRLL-related only

This covers the City Rail Link Project only. We can not supply information from other agencies such as Auckland Transport. You will need to send such a request to them.

Withholding information

The OIA says information should be made available unless there is good reason to withhold it. We may withhold information only for specific reasons allowed under the OIA and if there is no greater public interest favouring release. For example, information may be withheld if it is commercially sensitive or if it would breach the privacy of another person by releasing it. If we do withhold information, we will state such reasons why.


Government approved guidelines for charging for official information can be read at

Read the Act

You can read the Official Information Act at


If you are unhappy with our response, you have the right to complain to the Office of the Ombudsman but the Chief Ombudsman recommends contacting us in the first instance to see if we can resolve the issue.

Publication of responses

We may publish here some of the responses to OIA requests when considered to be of interest to the general public. When publishing these responses the names of individual requestors will be withheld to protect their privacy.

^ back to top