Images - Britomart Transport Centre Reinstatement
BRITOMART TRANSPORT CENTRE REINSTATEMENT
Britomart Transport Centre Reinstatement
As part of CRL Construction Contract 1, the Britomart Transport Centre, situated within the former Central Post Office, was decommissioned to enable CRL tunnel portals to be constructed below.
The current 'dead end' at Britomart will be superseded by east and west bound tunnels, completing the current rail network. The CPO Building was designed by Claude Paton and government architect John Campbell and originally opened in 1912. As part of CRL works the CPO will be fully restored and reinstated to its former glory.